You can administer users belonging to an account by assign the required security levels with predefined permissions, enable remote access, assign users to a site and maintain the list of active users as required from time to time.
On this page
1. Go to the Control Centre .
2. Select User Management .
3. P ress Enter . By default, the Security Level , Tally.NET ID , permission to access Tally.NET Server , Site ID and Status are displayed.
Note: Default users such as Account Administrator or Site Administrator are assigned the security levels of Owner and Standard User respectively. However, based on the requirement you can change the security level.
4. Select the required Security Level from list of Security Level or press Alt + C to create a new security level . The list of default security levels are:
o Owner : has the capability to manage Sites / Users belonging to an account. The Owner is not permitted to change Account / Site Admin ID , Site Status and Account Profile .
o Standard User : Created with predefined permissions. All users other than the Owner are created under this security level.
5. Enter the required E-Mail ID in the Tally.NET ID field. Using the E-Mail ID provided a Tally.NET ID is created and the Password emailed.
6. Set Tally.NET User field to Yes, if you want the user to access data from a remote location using Tally.NET Server.
7. Select the required Site ID from the list of Site ID to restrict the number of active remote users based on the Single User or Multi User license.
8. In the Status field, select the required status from list of Status which are explained below:
o Active : Set the status to Active when you want the user to be in operational mode.
o Deleted : Set the status to Deleted when you want the user to be removed permanently.
o In-active : Set the status to In-active when you want the user to be non-operational mode. You can change the status to Active as required.
Similarly, you can create other users as required.
Note: You can change the Tally.NET ID for any user other than Account / Site Administrators . To change the User ID , type the new user id in the Tally.NET ID field. You cannot change the status to Delete or In-Active for Account / Site Administrator .
9. Press Ctrl+A to accept the user created.
The User Management screen also displays the number of Tally.NET Users created for an account. In the User Management screen:
● Click F1: Detailed . The User Management screen appears displaying the user name along with the Security Levels.
Note: The user has to provide the details in Change My Profile in the Control Centre.
The User Management screen displays the users belonging to each site in an account. It also displays the list of Non Tally.NET Users for that account.
1. Go to the User Management screen.
2. Click F3: SiteWise . The User Management screen appears as shown:
Note: To view the site-wise user list in detailed more press Alt + F1 .
3. Click F8: Sec Level List . The Select Items screen appears.
4. Select the required security level from the List of Security Levels . The Security Levels screen appears as shown:
By default, the Standard User is authorised to access the Support Centre only, based on your requirement select the access controls from the list of Access Rights as shown.
5. Press Ctrl+A to save the access rights assigned to the security level.
The Manage Data Sessions screen displays important information about remote login data sessions (login by various users into the administrator's remote companies) of authorised users.
This screen displays the Name or IP Address of the computer using which the user had logged in, the Start Time for each session, the time when the Last Activity took place along and the Status of an individual session for the respective User ID which is displayed against the Tally.NET ID field.
1. Go to the Control Centre.
2. Select N : Manage Data Sessions .
3. Press Enter . The Manage Data Sessions screen appears:
The following operations has be supported to manage data sessions effectively.
● F3: Tally.NET ID-wise : Press F3 to configure the information based on Tally.NET IDs of the users.
● F5: Refresh : The button can be used to update My Sessions screen with latest log in.
● F12: Configuration : The following options can be used to configure Data Sessions
o Status : The Status of the user - Active or Idle
o Tally.NET ID : The report can be viewed for a particular Tally.NET ID.
o Group By: This option servers the same purpose as F3: Tally.NET ID wise - the report will display information by categorising them based on the Tally.NET IDs.
Note: Only one F12: Configure option can be used at a time to configure the report.
● D : Delete Session : Place the cursor on the required session. Click D : Delete Session or press Alt+D to delete the session.
Auditors can now delegate the various areas of audit to articles/audit clerks. The option, Company Delegation , can be used to delegate entire companies on Tally.ERP 9 to audit team members. By default, the Tally.NET Auditor ID which is authorised by the Client for a given Company will have access to that Company and the articles will not get the access.
Note: Tally.ERP 9 does not allow multiple level of delegations and a Company once delegated to an article cannot be re-delegated by the article to any other article. Example, if Company A has authorised the email@example.com , then only the authorised auditor can access that Company and his articles will not be able to access the Company A .
If firstname.lastname@example.org wants to provide this company access to any of his articles, then he has to do it exclusively from the Control Centre, provided the article is already added/created as Tally.NET Auditor in one of the accounts.
Also, the article in turn will not be able to re-delegate the Company to anyone else.
1. Double click Y : Company Delegation .
The List of delegated Tally.NET IDs(Users) screen appears.
2. Click A : New Delegation .
3. Select the article's Tally.NET Auditor ID (e-mail ID that has been added as Tally.NET Auditor) from the List of Tally.NET IDs in the To Tally.NET ID field.
1. Press Enter to move to the Access Type field for Companies .
o Allow All : This option allows the user unrestricted access to all companies that are linked to the delegating user's Tally.NET Auditor ID.
o Allow Specific : This option allows access to only the companies for which the auditor decides to provide access to the selected user, and not all the companies
o Deny Specific : this option enables the auditor to restrict the selected user from accessing certain companies
2. Select the required Companies from the List of Companies that is displayed under Allow the following Companies (if Allow Specific is chosen as the Access Type ).
3. Press Enter to save.
Similarly, Audit Reports belonging to the companies chosen as above, can be delegated to the selected user:
1. Press Enter to move to the Access Type field for Reports .
o Allow All : This option allows the user unrestricted access to all Audit Reports that are available in the companies that have been delegated to the selected user's Tally.NET Auditor ID.
o Allow Specific : This option allows access to only the reports for which the auditor decides to provide access to the selected user
o Deny Specific : this option enables the auditor to restrict the selected user from accessing certain Audit Reports
2. Select the required Audit Reports from the List of Reports that is displayed under Allow the following Reports (if Allow Specific is chosen as the Access Type ).
3. Press Ctrl+A to a ccept the delegation.
Note: The procedure to use Deny Specific option is similar to Allow Specific , except that Deny Specific restricts the selected user from accessing the chosen companies and/or reports.