You can select the income or expenses account group to create ledgers.
To create an expense ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter the name of the ledger in the Name field.
3. Select Indirect Expenses from the List of Groups in the Under field.
Note : Select Indirect Income from the List of Groups if you want to create an income ledger.
4. Set the option Inventory values are affected? to Yes if your company maintains a ccounts with inventory .
Th e expense Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
5. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
You can also enable cost centre options in expenses or income ledger.
To enable Cost Centres in the Ledger Creation screen
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Accounting Features .
2. Set the option Cost/Profit Centres Management to Yes .
3. Set the option Cost centres are applicable? to Yes in the Ledger Creation screen, if any of the transactions have to be allocated to a particular cost centre.
'Creating Expenses and Income Ledgers' has been shared with