Before creating the Invoice, you can set your Invoice Configurations from F12: configure.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales or F9: Purchases (As Invoice).
2. Click F12 Configure.
The first screen of Sales Invoice Standard Configuration screen has the following options:
1. Accept supplementary details: Set this option to Yes to specify the despatch details. If this option is set to No, Print Default Name and Address of Party will be enabled for configuring.
2. Allow separate buyer and consignee names: Enabling this option will allow entering Consignee details in the invoice.
3. Use common ledger A/c for Item Allocation: Enabling this option allows faster data entry by allocating all the items to a single sales ledger in the invoice.
4. Use defaults for bill allocations: Enabling this option will allocate Bill Numbers automatically as defined in voucher type master in ascending order.
5. User voucher no. as bill ref. no. for bill allocations: When this option is set to Yes, the voucher number will be taken as the bill reference number during bill allocation.
6. Use Additional Description(s) for item name: Enabling this option will allow specifying of any additional description for item during voucher entry.
7. Use Additional Description(s) for ledger name: Enabling this option will allow specifying of any additional description for ledger during voucher entry.
8. Calculate tax on current sub-total (else calculations are on inventory total only): If this option is enabled, tax will be calculated after considering additional income or expenses.
9. Warn on Negative Stock Balance: If this option is enabled, when there is an insufficient stock during sales entry, a warning message of negative stock with quantity details will be displayed.
In Sales Invoice Standard Configuration,
● Press F12 to view Sales Invoice Standard Configuration.
1. Allow income accounts in sales voucher: Enabling this option will allow selecting income ledgers for accounting allocation and also as additional ledger.
2. Consolidate stock items with same rates: Enabling this option will allow consolidating the stock items having same rates in invoice.
3. Show compound unit of items based on rate: Enabling this option will allow displaying the compound unit of item based on the unit provided in the Rate Per column. For more details, click here.
4. Show full details of compound unit: Enabling this option will display full details of compound unit in the Quantity field. For more details, click here.
5. Use pre-closure of order details: Enabling this option will allow pre-closure of orders partially or completely from Stock item Allocation screen.
6. Use defaults for bank allocations: If this option is set to Yes, the Bank Allocations will have default allocations in which, the Transaction type is Cheque, voucher date as Instrument Date. the Cheque Range and Cheque Number will be blank.
7. Show Remarks: When this option is set to Yes, a new field Remarks to enter remarks for the payment will appear in the Bank Allocation screen.
8. Specify export shipping details: Enabling this option will allow entering shipping information in the voucher.
9. Specify marks and nos./container no.: Enabling this option will allow specifying container information for export sales items.
10. Show turnover achieved with Customer: Enabling this option will display the turnover details during entry.
11. Allow modification of ALL fields during entry: Enabling this option will allow modification of all fields in the sales invoice.
'Configuring an Invoice' has been shared with