You can create a debit note for taxable goods to record purchase return.
To create a debit note for taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note.
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable.
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the fields:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes. The Original inv. no. and Date appears as provided in the invoice. The debit note appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Return (Goa)' has been shared with