To keep track of items returned after making a purchase, you can create debit notes for taxable goods. The debit note for returned items can be recorded by using the Ctrl+F9: Debit Note option in Tally.ERP 9.
To create a debit note for taxable goods with specified VAT rate in Company VAT Details screen
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note.
2. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
The debit note screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase Returns (Telangana)' has been shared with