Godowns in Tally.ERP 9 are created as Job locations. On enabling Job Costing for the company, the option to set a project for job costing is available in the master. Once a godown is allocated to the job/project, all the materials issued or received for that particular job or project will be accounted for, and will reflect in the reports.
Note: Create one godown for each job or project for effective job costing.
For enabling a Godown as location for job costing
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Godowns > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the location.
3. Select Primary or the godown Under which the location has to be grouped.
4. Press Enter to skip Allow Storage of Materials.
5. Select a job/project to Set job/project for job costing.
6. Press Enter.
The Godown Creation screen appears as shown below:
Note: On specifying a project for job costing, the section Use For: is skipped automatically.
7. Press Enter to save the location.
'Godowns for Job Costing' has been shared with