Tally.ERP 9 allows you to override tax details during voucher entry. To be able to override tax details, you need to allow modification of VAT details using the F12: Configure option.
To record transaction by overriding tax details
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Click F12: Configure to configure the sales invoice.
To select sales ledger for each item and modify the tax details in the invoice
1. Set Use common ledger A/c for item allocation to No.
2. Set Allow modification of Tax Details in VAT to Yes.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept the screen.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
5. Click F12: Configure in VAT Classification Details screen.
To enter tax rate in the Configuration screen
● Set Override tax rate? to Yes.
● Press Ctrl+A to accept the screen.
6. Select the Classification/Nature in VAT Details screen.
7. Enter the required Tax Rate and Additional Tax Rate. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to return to invoice.
9. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
10. Select the common VAT ledger and additional tax ledger.
11. Set Provide VAT Details? to Yes, to view the Statutory Details screen.
o Set the option Type of Invoice to Tax Invoice.
o Enter the other details.
o Press Ctrl+A to save, and return to invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press O to override the invoice with the changed tax rate.
'Overriding Tax Details in Invoices or Vouchers (Gujarat)' has been shared with