Using Tally.ERP 9, you can record purchases with additional expense/income ledgers.
To record purchases with additional (expense/income) ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No without any configuration.
5. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
6. Select discount ledger created under Direct/Indirect Expenses by setting option Include in assessable value calculation for to VAT.
7. Enter the discount amount with negative sign.
8. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set as VAT and enter the value.
9. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
10. Click A: Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed button to view the names of stock item with assessable value including expense amount. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
11. Press Enter.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to accept and save.
'Taxable Purchases with Additional Ledgers (Kenya)' has been shared with