You can record sale of jewellery for excise as per Rule 8 of the Articles of Jewellery Rules, 2016, in Tally.ERP 9.
To record excise sales transaction for jewellery goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Select the excise sales voucher type and press Enter.
3. Enter Supplier invoice no., if required.
4. Select the required Tax Unit. The Excise Book Name and the Rule 8 Serial No are captured by default.
5. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name.
6. Select a sales ledger where Set/Alter excise details? is not enabled.
8. Select the required excise duty ledger, as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
You can print the excise sales invoice to generate the Rule 8 invoice.
To generate the rule 8 invoice
1. Click P: Print from the excise sales invoice.
2. Press Alt+C.
3. Specify the Number of Copies, and select the Type of Copy.
Note: When more than one copy of the invoice is printed, the copy title will be:
♦ First copy: Original for Buyer
♦ Second Copy: Duplicate for Assessee
♦ Third Copy and later: Not for CENVAT
4. Press Enter to select, and return to the Voucher Printing screen, as shown below:
5. Press Enter to print.
'Recording Excise Sales of Jewellery Goods' has been shared with