You can record the increase in output tax as Cash Discount on Sales by the creating a journal voucher for the same.
To account for increase in output tax
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Increase of Output Tax, as the Nature of adjustment.
o Select the Cash Discount on Sales in Additional Details section.
Note: Based on the selection made for Nature of Adjustment, the Additional Details option either appears or disappears.
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher.
3. Debit the sales ledger and enter the assessable value.
4. Debit the output VAT ledger. Enter the Rate, Surcharge Rate and Assessable Value in VAT Details screen. Enter the tax amount.
5. Debit the surcharge ledger. Enter the Rate, Surcharge Rate and Assessable Value in VAT Details screen. Enter the tax amount.
6. Credit the party ledger. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Increase in Output Tax (Punjab)' has been shared with