In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a journal voucher to account for adjustment towards the entry tax paid within the state of Gujarat.
To record journal voucher for adjustment towards entry tax paid
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of Duty/Tax field.
o Select the option Reducing Tax Liability in the Nature of Adjustment field. The Additional Details: Entry Tax is automatically selected.
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher.
3. Debit the tax ledger created under the group Duties and Taxes.
o Enter the Rate and Assessable Value in the VAT Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to voucher.
4. Debit additional tax ledger.
5. Credit the ledger grouped under Current Assets, and enter the value.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Journal Vouchers for Adjustment Towards Entry Tax Paid (Gujarat)' has been shared with