You can record a transaction to track the reversals of tax amount for all tax free goods applicable in Chandigarh.
To create a journal voucher for reversing tax credit on tax free goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Reversal of Input Tax, as the Nature of adjustment.
o Select the Apportionment of Input Tax for Tax Free Goods in Additional Details section.
Note: Based on the selection made for Nature of Adjustments, the Additional Details option either appears or disappears.
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher.
3. Debit the purchase ledger and tax amount to be reversed.
4. Credit the VAT ledger. Enter the VAT Details as shown below:
5. Press Enter to accept and return to journal voucher. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Reversal of Input Tax (Chandigarh)' has been shared with