This topic lists out the prerequisites for splitting company data and how to split company data based on financial years.
Before splitting the data, the user must ensure that:
● A backup of the data exists.
● All unadjusted forex gains/losses have been fully adjusted by recording journal entries.
● No purchase/sales bills are due. Check the Profit & Loss A/c and inventory statements (purchase/sales bills pending). You have to account them in the respective party accounts or in the bills pending account.
● The company data is verified to ensure that no errors occur during splitting using the Verify Company Data option.
To split the company data
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F3: Cmp Info. > Split Company Data > Select Company.
2. Select the required company from the List of Companies.
3. Enter the required date in the Split from field.
The Split Company Data screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to split the company data.
Important points to remember:
● The Split from date is based on the existing data, and is considered as the beginning of the current financial year.
● Once the company data is split, two separate companies will be created and opened, without any changes to the original data.
● After the split, all the companies act as separate companies. You can make entries, display reports and, alter any data in these companies.
● You can alter the names of the companies that are created as a result of splitting, if required.
'Splitting Company Data based on Financial Years' has been shared with