You can create a common sales ledger, and define the nature of transactions, commodity details, and the tax rate.
To create a sales ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the sales ledger.
3. Select Sales Accounts in the Under field.
4. Set Inventory values are affected to Yes.
5. Select Type of Ledger as Not Applicable.
Note: To create a discount ledger, group the ledger under Direct/Indirect Expenses, and select the Type of Ledger as Discount.
6. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable to Applicable.
7. Disable Set/Alter VAT Details.
The Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Creating Sales Ledgers (Maharashtra)' has been shared with