In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a journal voucher to account for the refund of input tax.
To create a journal voucher for refund
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment to enable required options in the Stat Adjustment Details screen.
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Refund of Input Tax as the Nature of adjustment.
o Select Not Applicable in the field Additional Details. The Stat Adjustment Details screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to save and return to voucher screen.
Note: Based on the selection made for Nature of adjustment, the Additional Details option is displayed.
3. Debit the ledger grouped under Current Assets and enter the amount.
4. Credit the VAT ledger.
5. Enter the tax Rate, and Assessable Value in the VAT Details screen.
6. Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Refund of Input Tax (Maharashtra)' has been shared with