Works contract sales transaction can be recorded using predefined nature of works contract or user defined nature of works contract
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Select customer ledger in the Party's A/c Name field.
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Nature of transaction.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes. Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item and enter the amount.
o Enter the percentage or amount of deduction in the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen as shown below:
o Press Enter to save and return to invoice screen.
5. Select the VAT ledger.
6. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to the invoice screen.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Puducherry)' has been shared with