Create stock groups for classifying items based on common features. You can also apply a common tax rate for all items in a stock group.
To create a stock group
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Stock Groups > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the stock group.
3. Select the required group from the option Under.
4. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details to view the VAT Details screen.
5. Enter the relevant details in the VAT Details screen.
To specify the VAT rate for the stock group
1. Set the Classification option in VAT Details screen to:
o Undefined if unique tax rate and commodity details have to be defined.
o Any of the user-defined classification. Once applied, the other options disappear and cursor returns to Stock Group Creation screen. Click here to view the detailed procedure of creating VAT Classifications.
2. Select the Commodity Name. To view the list of commodities already created, press Ctrl+C.
3. Enter the Commodity Code.
4. Enter the Tax rate.
5. Select Tax Type.
6. Select the Schedule from List of Schedules/Groups, if required.
7. Click F12: Configure to configure additional details. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
The Stock Group Creation screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
To enable the MRP feature while creating a stock item
1. Click F12: Configure in Stock Item Creation screen.
In the configuration screen,
1. Enable the option Allow MRP/Marginal for stock items.
2. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Master Configuration screen.
2. Enable Set/alter MRP details? in Stock Item Creation screen.
3. Set the option Allow MRP modification in voucher to Yes, if you want to alter the MRP rate while recording the voucher.
4. Enter the MRP Rate.
The MRP Details screen appears as shown below:
5. Press Ctrl+A to accept the item master.
To enter MRP applicable on the stock item in different states
1. Click F12: Configure in MRP Details screen of the stock item master.
o Enable the option Allow state-wise MRP? and press Enter.
2. Enter the Applicable From date.
3. Select the State Name from the List of States.
4. Enter the MRP Rate for each state.
5. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
'Creating Stock Groups (Andhra Pradesh)' has been shared with