Any existing CENVAT credit can be used to adjust the miscellaneous payment.
To record an adjustment entry to adjust the current CENVAT liability
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment.
o Enter the Type of Duty/Tax, Tax Unit, and Nature of Adjustment in the Stat Adjustment Details screen as shown below:
The Tax Unit selected in the Stat Adjustment Details screen will be displayed here. Press Spacebar to change the Tax Unit.
o Press Enter.
3. Debit the Excise duty ledger with CENVAT credit.
4. Credit the liability ledger.
5. Enter the Source Document No. and Date in the Type of Payment screen.
6. Press Enter.
7. Enter the Narration, if required.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
The adjustment entry recorded using the flag Adjustment Towards Miscellaneous Payments (Arrears) is displayed under Other Adjustments.
'Recording Adjustment Towards Miscellaneous Payment (Excise for Manufacturer)' has been shared with