You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To create tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Tax on URD Purchase as the Nature of Adjustment.
3. Debit the expense ledger.
4. Enter the amount.
5. Credit the VAT ledger. Enter the VAT Details, as shown below:
6. Credit the surcharge ledger and enter the VAT Details. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Punjab)' has been shared with