Form 2 report of dealer excise is an excise tax unit-wise report.
It is designed to provide an overview of:
● The total vouchers recorded in a particular quarter.
● The duty passed on by raising excise sales invoice for clearance in Rule 11 invoice format.
Drill-down reports till the last level of voucher entry are provided for each line item of this report to display complete information of vouchers categorised under it. This report consists of two sections, Statistics of Vouchers and Duty Summary.
To generate Form 2 report
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > Excise Reports > Dealer > Form - 2.
2. Select the Excise Tax Unit.
3. Press Enter to generate Form 2 report.
The Form 2 report appears as shown below:
Statistics displays the count of vouchers recorded in a particular quarter. This section provides information on the:
● Total Number of Transactions: It displays the count of all the transactions recorded in the selected quarter. The total count is categorised as Included Transactions, Excluded Transactions and Uncertain Transactions. Voucher count appears against each of these categories. The drill-down report of this row displays the Statistics report comprising voucher types with the corresponding voucher count.
● Included Transactions: It displays the count of all the:
o Excise sales and excise purchase returns linked to excise purchases.
o Excise purchases and excise sales returns linked to excise sales.
The count of only those transactions which are linked to the selected excise tax unit appears here. If any transaction fulfils all requirements of Form 2 but belongs to another excise tax unit, the count of such transaction is displayed in Excluded Transactions row.
● Excluded Transactions: It displays the count of all the:
o Transactions which belong to other excise tax units.
o Transactions of excise purchase and excise credit note which are pending to be cleared/sold in the selected quarter.
o Transactions of stock transfer recorded using inventory vouchers.
o Transactions which do not attract excise.
o Payroll vouchers.
o Inventory vouchers.
o Transactions which are manually excluded by user.
● Uncertain Transactions: It displays the complete list of information gaps found in transactions. Until these details are specified, either in masters or transactions, the transaction will not be considered for filing returns. It consists of two broad categories, Master Related Exceptions and Transactions Related Exceptions. All the transactions which are displayed here requires user intervention to provide the appropriate details. Provision to completely exclude uncertain transactions is also made available. Hence, entries which have information gaps and are not required to be shown in Form 2 report, can be moved to Excluded Transactions section.
The duty passed on by raising excise sales invoice in Rule 11 invoice format, while clearing goods from the selected excise tax unit gets displayed in Issue - Duty Passed On row. This is the duty value computed by considering all the transactions captured in the voucher count of Included Transactions under Statistics of Vouchers. Since the Form 2 return is based on clearance/sales, the receipts/purchases linked to it are displayed on clicking F6: Receipts (Issues) toggle button in the Duty Summary drill-down report of Form 2.
'Generating Form 2 (Excise for Dealer)' has been shared with