The master experience has been enhanced such that you can configure statutory details and get started with the transactions within no time.
The enhancements in masters and the steps to configure masters are explained below:
It is now possible to create a tax ledger under current assets or current liabilities, and the ledger can now exhibit the properties of a ledger grouped under duties and taxes.
To modify the ledger behaviour
1. Click F12: Configure from the ledger creation/ alteration screen.
2. Enable Allow creation of tax ledger under other groups.
3. Press Ctrl+A.
4. Enable Behave as Duties and Ledgers.
5. Select the Type of Duty/ Tax.
6. Select the required tax information, depending on the type of duty selected.
Similarly, you can create a party ledger under loans and liabilities.
The change in behaviour will reflect for tax calculation, but doesn't have an effect on the reports.
You can now appropriate the ledger to the cost of the item from the ledger master screen, instead of the group.
To appropriate a ledger
1. Select the required Duty/ Tax Type in the field Include in Assessable Calculation for.
2. Select the Method of Calculation.
For any voucher type, you can now define default accounting entries. This will populate information for the specified ledger, every time a transaction is recorded using this voucher type.
To set default accounting entries
1. Set Enable Default Accounting Entries to Yes in the required voucher type creation/ alteration screen.
2. Enable the option Set/ Alter Default Accounting Entries.
3. Select the Ledger, required and define the percentage of allocation.
4. Press Ctrl+A.
For any voucher type, now you can define default accounting entries. This will populate the ledgers by default, every time a transaction is recorded using this voucher type.
'Getting Started with VAT - Kenya' has been shared with