In Tally.ERP 9, in order to process ESI payments, you have to configure the payment voucher with the appropriate Payroll Ledger (for example, ESI Payable) and set other parameters, as required.
To process the ESI Payment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment.
2. Press F2 to Change the Voucher Date.
3. Press A: Payroll Auto Fill.
4. Select the ESI Challan in Process for field
5. Enter the From and To dates
6. Enter the Voucher Date.
7. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
8. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group.
9. Select the appropriate Bank/Cash Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
10. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
11. Press Enter to show the Employee’s ESI Contribution, and select End of List.
12. Select Yes in Provide Details field, if you wish to print the Payment Details in ESI Challan.
13. In the Payment Details screen enter the Cheque/DD No., Cheque/DD Date, Challan Date, Bank & Branch Code.
14. Press Enter, and fill Narration, if any.
15. Press Enter to save.
To print the ESI Challan,
1. Press No in the Accounting Voucher Creation screen, and press Alt+P.
2. In the Voucher Printing screen, select Yes in the Print Challan field.
3. Press Yes to print the ESI Challan.
The ESI Challan displays the employees’ ESI share, and employer’s contribution for the selected month along with the other details.
Note: The Number of Employees is printed based on the employee count for whom the ESI Number is entered in the employee master.
'Processing ESI Payments (Payroll)' has been shared with