Record purchase returns in debit notes for taxable goods.
To record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9.
2. Enter the reference number in the Ref. field.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the required stock item whose VAT rate is specified either at the stock group or at the stock item level.
7. Enter the returned Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
● The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes and enter the relevant details.
10. Enter Narration, if required.
The debit note appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Return' has been shared with