You can enable VAT from Statutory & Taxation in F11: Features.
To create a company in Tally.ERP 9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F3: Cmp Info. > Create Company.
2. Press Backspace to modify the data path in the Directory field, if required.
3. Enter details pertaining to your company.
The Company Creation screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to accept.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation.
2. Set the option Enable VAT? to Yes.
3. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details?.
4. Enter the Tax/rate details, as required.
Basic VAT details can be defined in the Tax/Rate details screen. Other information like schedule, and commodity details can be defined by configuring the required options.
To enter tax/rate details
1. Enter the Tax Rate.
2. Select the Tax Type.
3. Press Enter to save the details.
To configure Other Information
1. Press F12: Configure in the Tax/ Rate Details screen. The Configuration screen appears.
2. Enable the options:
● Set type of goods?
● Provide commodity details?
● Provide category details?
To define Other Info
1. Select the Category.
2. Select the Type of goods.
3. Enter Commodity name.
4. Enter Commodity code.
5. Press Enter.
5. Enter VAT number.
6. Enter PIN.
7. Select the Type of Device.
8. Enter the Device number.
9. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen to enable the option to set multiple devices.
To define multiple devices
1. Set the option Set multiple device details? to Yes.
2. Select the type of device.
3. Enter the Device number.
The Device Details screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to return to the Company Operations Alteration screen.
10. Press Enter to accept.
'Enabling VAT (Kenya)' has been shared with