Journal vouchers can also be used to allocate receipts and payments for job or projects.
To record a journal transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Click F7:Journal.
2. Click F12: Configure. The Voucher Configuration screen appears.
3. Enable the option Allow Cash Accounts in Journals.
4. Enter the Date.
5. Select the expense or income ledger.
6. Select the Bank or Cash ledger.
7. Enter the Amount. The Cost Allocation screen appears.
8. Select the Cost Centre and enter the Amount.
9. Press Enter.
10. Select another Cost Centre and enter the Amount, if required.
11. Press Enter.
12. Enter Narration, if required.
The Accounting Voucher screen appears as shown below:
13. Press Enter to save the transaction.
'Allocation Costs to Projects (Journal Vouchers)' has been shared with