You can record sales transactions with VAT and Service Tax rates applicable for Punjab. While recording the transaction, you can select the service tax and VAT ledgers created at the company level.
To record sales transaction with VAT and service tax
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger in the Party's A/c Name field.
4. Select the Sales Ledger.
5. Select Name of Item from the List of Stock Items.
6. Enter Quantity and Rate for the item.
7. Select the income ledger enabled for service tax.
8. Select service tax ledger. The amount is calculated based on the predefined details.
9. Select the swachh bharat cess ledger. The amount is calculated based on the predefined details.
10. Select the krishi kalyan cess ledger. The amount is calculated based on the predefined details.
11. Select common VAT ledger.
12. Select the surcharge ledger. The sales invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales with VAT and Service Tax (Punjab)' has been shared with