Sales returns have to be accounted when there is any return of sold goods. Sales returns are accounted for using credit notes.
To record an excise credit note for sales returns
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > press Ctrl+F8.
2. Press Ctrl+E to change the credit note to an excise credit note.
3. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date.
4. Select the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
5. Enter the details in the Party Details screen.
6. Enter relevant information, such as, goods damaged, or goods returned. in the Nature of Sales Return field.
7. Select the Sales Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
8. Select the item from the List of Stock Items.
9. Enter the Quantity, Rate and Amount in the Stock Items Allocation screen.
10. Press Enter to view the Excise Details screen.
11. Enter the required details in the Excise Details screen, and press Enter.
12. Select the corresponding Excise Sales Invoice from the List of Purchases.
13. Press Ctrl+A to save.
The completed excise credit note for sales returns appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Excise Credit Note for Sales Returns (Excise for Importer)' has been shared with