In order to account for purchase returns, you can create a debit note for taxable goods whose VAT rates are specified in the Company VAT Details screen in F3: Statutory & Taxation features.
To create a debit note for taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note.
2. Enter the purchase invoice reference details in Original Invoice No and Original Invoice Dt fields.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
Note: The stock item is not configured for tax inclusion and MRP
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options,
● Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
9. Set Provide VAT Details to Yes/No as per requirement.
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Returns (Maharashtra)' has been shared with