You can record input tax credit admitted on capital goods by creating a journal voucher.
To avail input tax credit for purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment to select the required options in the Stat Adjustment Details screen as shown below:
o Select VAT as the Type of duty/tax.
o Select Input Tax Credit Admitted On Capital Goods as the Nature of adjustment.
o Press Enter to save.
3. Debit VAT ledger. The Credit Details Settlement screen appears.
o Enter value of second installment of input credit claimed in the field Amount Claimed as shown below:
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
4. Enter the VAT amount in Debit column.
5. Credit the current assets ledger created for VAT claimable.
6. Enter Narration, if any.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Input Tax Credit Admitted on Capital Goods (Delhi)' has been shared with