You can record a works contract transaction using the procedure in this topic.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name.
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature.
Note: For a common ledger, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes. Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item, and enter the Quantity and Rate.
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction. The Works Contract Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the VAT ledger.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to the sales invoice.
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes/No, as required.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Sales - Works Contract (Karnataka)' has been shared with