You need to enable VAT in the F11: Features of your company to start using VAT features in Tally.ERP 9.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation. The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT)? to Yes.
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details? to open the Company VAT Details screen.
4. Configure the VAT details, as explained in the To Configure VAT details section.
5. Enter the PAN/Income tax. no.
6. Enter the Corporate Identity No. (CIN).
7. Press Enter to save.
1. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen.
In the Configuration screen,
o Enable the option Show date from which VAT is applicable? to enter the date from when VAT is applicable.
o Enable the option Show additional details? to provide additional information such as exemption or deferment details. The detailed VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
o Enter the Name and Status/Designation of authorised person
o Enter the Place and Assessment Circle (Group) of the business.
o Press Enter to save.
o Press Ctrl+A to save and return to the VAT Details screen.
2. Select the state as West Bengal from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
3. Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
4. Enter the Interstate sales tax number, if required.
5. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? to view the Tax/rate Details screen. A single VAT rate for all stock items in a company, can be defined in this screen.
To provide tax/rate details
1. Press F12: Configure to open the Configuration screen.
o Enable Set CST rate? to enter CST details.
o Enable Set Type of goods?
o Set Provide nature of goods? to Yes.
o Set Provide commodity details? to Yes, to enter commodity details.
o Set Provide schedule details? to Yes.
2. Enter the required CST Rate, VAT Rate, and Other Info, as required.
3. Press Ctrl+A to save.
6. Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters? if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
7. Set the Enable VAT on quantity? to Yes (enabling this option will allow tax calculation on quantity).
8. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Company VAT Details screen.
'Enabling VAT (West Bengal)' has been shared with