Record purchase returns in debit notes for taxable goods. Specify the VAT rate in Company Details screen.
To create a debit note for taxable goods whose VAT rate is specified in Company VAT Details screen of F3: Statutory & Taxation features
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl +F9 (Debit Note).
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable.
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes. The Statutory Details screen appears.
Select the Nature of Return as:
o Not Applicable to account For Returning goods.
o Discount to account For Discount and Others.
o Others to account For Discount and Others.
o Issued to account For Returning goods.
o Credit note received to account For Returning goods.
Note: In case of purchase price rise, when a credit note is recorded in voucher mode to debit a purchase ledger, the option Change in Consideration appears.
10. Select the required Nature of Return and press Enter. The debit note appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Return (Andhra Pradesh)' has been shared with