You can override the assessable value and tax rate that are already provided in an invoice. You must configure the invoice to allow modification of VAT details.
To record a sales transaction by overriding tax details
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Click F12: Configure to configure the sales invoice for overriding tax details.
To select sales ledger for each item and modify the tax details in the invoice
1. Set Use common ledger A/c for item allocation? to No.
2. Set Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
5. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled in the Accounting Details screen.
o Click F12: Configure.
o In the VAT Classification Details screen to configure override of tax rate.
o Set Override tax rate? to Yes.
o Press Ctrl+A to accept.
o Select the Classification/Nature in VAT Details screen.
o Enter the required Tax rate. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to return to invoice.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax set to VAT (CST in case of interstate sales).
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? set to 0.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press O to override the default tax details.
'Overriding Assessable Value and Tax Rate (Delhi)' has been shared with