In Tally.ERP 9, you can record sales to special economic zones (SEZ) with Interstate Sales - Zero Rated as the Nature of Transaction.
To record transaction for sale of items to SEZ
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger from SEZ location in Party's A/c Name option.
To create a customer from SEZ location
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the customer ledger.
3. Select Sundry Debtors as the group name in the Under field.
4. Set Maintain balances bill-by-bill? to Yes.
5. Enter the Default Credit Period, if any.
6. Set Check for credit days during voucher entry? to Yes, if required.
7. Enter the Mailing Details
8. Provide bank details, if required.
9. Enter the PAN/IT No.
10. Enable the option Set/Alter VAT Details?
● Select the Type of Dealer in VAT Details screen.
● Enter VAT TIN No.
● Click F12: Configure.
● Set Allow exemption details? to Yes, and press Ctrl+A to accept and return to VAT Details screen.
● Select the option SEZ in the Type of Exemption field.
● Enter the notification/registration number of SEZ in the Notification/SEZ Reg Number field.
● Enter the notification/registration Date.
● Press Enter to save and return to ledger creation.
11. Press Enter to save.
4. Select a sales ledger with Sales Zero Rated as the Nature of Transaction.
5. Select the required stock items and enter Quantity and Rate for the stock item.
6. Set Provide VAT Details? to Yes.
o Select I Form in the Form to receive field, and provide other details in Statutory Details screen.
o Press Ctrl+A to save and return to invoice.
The tax invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales to Special Economic Zone (SEZ) - (Uttar Pradesh)' has been shared with