VAT details configuration to allow modification or overriding of the assessable value and tax rate saved in invoices.
To record transaction by overriding tax details
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Click F12: Configure to configure the sales invoice for overriding tax details.
To select sales ledger for each item and modify the tax details in the invoice
1. Set Use common ledger A/c for item allocation? to No.
2. Set Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
5. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled in the Accounting Details screen.
o Click F12: Configure in VAT Classification Details screen to configure override of tax rate.
To enter tax rate in the Configuration screen
● Set Override tax rate? to Yes.
● Press Ctrl+A to accept.
o Select the Classification/Nature in VAT Details screen.
o Enter the required Tax rate. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to return to invoice.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax set to VAT (CST in case of interstate sales).
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? set to 0.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press O to override the default tax details.
'Overriding Assessable Value and Tax Rate (Madhya Pradesh)' has been shared with