You can record a purchase transaction made from an unregistered dealer with the applicable VAT and nature of transaction.
To record a purchase transaction from URDs
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases.
2. Click F12: Configure. In the Voucher Configuration screen
o Set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
o Press Ctrl+A to save and return to invoice.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date if any.
4. Select the supplier ledger in Party’s A/c Name field.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
o Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as Classification / Nature in the VAT Classifications Details screen.
o Press Enter to save.
6. Select the required stock item. Enter Quantity and Rate. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase from Unregistered Dealer (Chandigarh)' has been shared with