You can record purchase returns (both local and interstate) against an earlier purchase transaction using a debit note.
To record purchase return using a debit note
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9.
2. Original invoice no: Enter the invoice number of the original purchase transaction against which you are recording the purchase return.
3. In Party’s A/c Name, select the party from which the original purchase was made.
4. Select the central and state tax ledgers.
5. Provide GST details: Enable this option if you want to enter additional details about the purchase return.
o 01-Sales Return - When there is a return of goods or services after sales.
o 02-Post sale discount - When discount is allowed on goods or services after sales.
o 03-Deficiency in service - When there is a deficiency in services (like a quality issue) after sales.
o 04-Correction in invoice - When there is a change in the invoice raised that leads to change in tax amount.
o 05-Change in POS - When there is a change in place of supply that leads to change in tax amount.
o 06-Finalization of Provisional assessment - When there is a change in price or rate after the department issues a notification about the finalized price of the goods or services.
o 07-Others - Any other nature of return.
Similarly, you can record purchase returns against an interstate purchase by selecting the relevant party, purchase ledger, and integrated tax ledger.
'Recording Purchase Returns in GST' has been shared with