When there are additional expenses incurred such as packaging charges for a stock item, you can account them in the purchase invoice by selecting the additional ledgers.
To record purchases with additional (expense/income) ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
Note: Ensure the supplier's state selected is other than Puducherry. Set the option Is against C Form? to Yes or No as per requirement.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set to VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the CST ledger.
8. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view the names of stock item with assessable value including expense amount. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase with Additional Ledgers (Puducherry)' has been shared with