Purchase of capital goods are recorded as fixed assets and is taxable. Input tax credit can be availed.
To record purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Press Ctrl+V to switch to voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure.
In the configuration screen,
1. Click F12: Advanced.
2. Set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
4. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
5. Credit the party ledger and enter the amount.
6. Debit the fixed assets ledger (grouped under Fixed Assets and with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods selected as nature of transaction), and enter the assessable value.
7. Debit current assets ledger created under Current Assets.
o Enter Commodity Name, Commodity Code, Assessable Value, VAT Rate % and VAT Amount Claimable in the Input Credit Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to the voucher screen.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase of Capital Goods (Odisha)' has been shared with