You can record payment of arrears in a payment invoice using the Stat Payment button.
For example, ABC Company had to pay arrears of ₹ 3,360 towards service tax and ₹ 120 each towards Swachh Bharat cess and krishi kalyan cess.
To record arrears payment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment.
2. Click S: Stat Payment.
o Select Service Tax as the Tax Type.
o Enter the Period from and To.
o Select Arrears in the Type of Payment.
o Press Enter to save.
3. Select bank ledger in the field Account.
4. Select the current liability ledger for service tax arrears under Particulars.
5. Enter the Amount as 3360.
6. Select the current liability ledger for swachh bharat cess arrears under Particulars.
7. Enter the Amount as 120.
8. Select the current liability ledger for krishi kalyan cess arrears under Particulars.
9. Enter the Amount as 120.
10. Enter the Bank Allocation details, as applicable.
11. Enter Narration, if required.
The payment invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Arrears Payment (Service Tax)' has been shared with