In cases where a company or trader imports goods and sells them to buyers, and then passes on the duty to the buyers, a Rule 11 invoice is generated. If the duty is not passed on to the buyers, then the invoice is a general sales invoice.
To record excise sales invoice
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Press Ctrl+E to change the invoice to an excise sales invoice.
3. Enter the reference number in the Ref. field.
4. Select the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
5. Enter the buyer details such as Despatch Details, Order Details, and Buyer's Details in the Party Details screen.
6. Press Ctrl+A to go back to the sales invoice.
7. Select the Sales Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
8. Select the item from the List of Stock Items.
9. Enter the Quantity, Rate, and Amount in the Stock Items Allocation screen.
10. Press Ctrl+A to go back to the sales invoice.
The completed excise sales invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Excise Sales Invoice (Excise for Importer)' has been shared with