Record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods.
To record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9.
2. Enter the reference number in the Ref. field.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable.
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the returned Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger. The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes/No as required.
The debit note appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Returns (Karnataka)' has been shared with