When there are additional expenses incurred such as packaging charges, you can account them in the purchase invoice.
To record interstate purchase with additional expenses
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Click F12: Configure.
● In the Voucher Configuration screen,
o Set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
o Press Ctrl+A to save.
3. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
4. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
5. Enter Party Details, as required.
Note: Ensure the supplier's state selected is other than Assam. Set the option Is against C Form to Yes or No as per requirement.
6. Select Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
7. Select the Interstate Purchase - Taxable as Classification/Nature in VAT Classification Details screen.
8. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items.
9. Enter the Quantity and Rate in the Stock Items Allocation screen.
10. Select the additional expense and enter the amount.
● In the additional expense ledger, set the option:
o Is VAT/CST Applicable to Not Applicable.
o Set/Alter VAT Details to No.
o Include in assessable value calculation to Not Applicable.
11. Select the CST ledger from the List of Ledgers.
12. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes to open the Statutory Details screen.
o Enter the required details in the Statutory Details screen.
The Statutory Details screen appears as shown below:
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
13. Press Enter to save.
'Interstate Purchases with Additional Expenses (Assam)' has been shared with