Reversing Journals are special journals that are automatically reversed after a specified date. hey exist only till that date and are effective only when they are included in reports. These are used in interim reporting in the course of the financial year where accruals are to be reported. These accruals are usually short term and are cleared in the subsequent period. However, to get a proper perspective, decision makers require the reports with full impact of all aspects and transactions.
For example, you can account for or providing for depreciation. Since, provision for depreciation is made at the end of the year, you can create scenarios to include them for monthly reporting or a specific period to give more accurate status or position.
To create a scenario using Journals
1. Go to F11: Features > F1: Accounting Features.
2. Set Use Reversing Journals & Optional Vouchers? to Yes.
3. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F10: Reversing Journal.
4. Debit Depreciation and enter the amount.
5. Credit Provision for Depreciation.
6. Enter the date until which the Reversing Journal is available for inclusion in a scenario in the field Applicable Upto.
The Reversing Journal appears as shown below:
7. Enter Narration, if required.
8. Press Enter to save the transaction.
'Using Reversing Journals in Scenarios' has been shared with