Payments towards both employer's NPS contributions and employees' NPS deductions can be recorded using a single payment voucher in Tally.ERP 9.
To process NPS payment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment.
2. Press F2 to change the Voucher Date.
3. Press A: Payroll Auto Fill.
4. Select the NPS Payment in Process for field.
5. Enter the From and To dates.
6. Enter the Voucher Date.
7. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
8. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group.
9. Select the appropriate Bank / Cash Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
10. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
11. Press Enter to show the NPS Contribution, and select End of List.
12. Select Yes in Provide Details field.
13. Enter the Cheque/DD No., Cheque/DD Date, Challan Date, Bank & Branch Code, as required, in the Payment Details screen.
14. Press Enter, and specify Narration, if any.
15. Press Enter to save.
'Recording NPS Payments (Payroll)' has been shared with