The tax paid on purchase of capital goods cannot be claimed in a single instance. The input tax credit is claimed in three equal installments starting from purchase period and remaining in equal installments in subsequent years. The input credit claim is recorded using journal voucher.
To record purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases.
2. Press Ctrl+V to switch to voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure twice, set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes.
4. Press Ctrl+A twice to save and return to voucher screen.
5. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
6. Credit the party ledger and enter the amount in Credit column.
7. Debit the fixed assets ledger (created under Fixed Assets group, and with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods selected as Nature of transaction) and enter the assessable value.
8. Debit current assets ledger created under Current Assets.
o Enter Commodity Name, Commodity Code, Assessable Value, Rate, and VAT Amount Claimable in the Input Credit Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
9. Enter Narration, if any.
The purchase voucher appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
Click here for recording journal voucher for claiming input credit on purchase of capital goods.
'Recording Purchase of Capital Goods (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with