You can record taxable sales for items with multiple VAT rates by creating a sales voucher and including the relevant sales ledger and common VAT ledger.
To record transaction of local sales for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1: Detailed to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Esc to return to sales invoice. The sales invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Sales (Chandigarh)' has been shared with