The service tax details can be defined at the voucher type level. This will override the service tax details defined at ledger level.
To define service tax in voucher type
1. Go to Voucher Type Creation screen. The Voucher Type Creation screen appears as shown below:
2. Set Enable Default Accounting Entries? to Yes.
3. Enable the option Set/Alter Default Accounting Entries?.
4. Press Enter to save. The Default Accounting Entries screen appears.
5. Select the Ledger Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
6. Enable the option Set/Alter Tax Class? to view the Tax Class Details screen, as shown below:
7. Select the Service Tax category from the List of Service Categories.
8. Define the Percentage.
9. Define the Rounding Method and Round Limit.
10. Enable Override using Item Default?, if required.
11. Enter required details in the Additional Accounting Entries to be added in invoice section.
12. Press Enter to save.
To view the service tax details
● Press Alt+L on the Service Category Creation (Secondary) screen.
You can view all changes made to service tax details such as Applicable From, Category Name, Service Tax, Swachh Bharat cess, and Krishi Kalyan cess.
'Defining Service Tax in Voucher Type' has been shared with