When a purchase has been made and if the goods are returned cause they are damaged or any other reason, then a purchase return has to be recorded. In Tally.ERP 9 a debit note is used to record a purchase return.
To record an excise debit note for purchase returns
1. Enable the option Use debit and credit notes in F11: Features > Accounting features.
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > press Ctrl+F9.
3. Press Ctrl+E to change the debit note to an excise debit note.
4. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date.
5. Select the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
6. Select the party ledger and provide the required information in Party Details screen.
7. Press Ctrl+A to go back to the debit note.
8. Select the Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
9. Select the item from the List of Stock Items.
10. Enter the Quantity, Rate, and Amount in the Stock Items Allocations screen.
11. Press Ctrl+A to go back to the debit note.
The completed excise debit note appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Excise Debit Note for Purchase Returns (Excise for Importer)' has been shared with