You can records sales transactions attracting multiple VAT rates in Tally.ERP 9.
To record transaction of local sales for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5) is set to 0.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to tax invoice.
The tax invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Sales (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with